All employees (including part-time and temporary employees) with occupational exposure in the organization should participate in a training program that is provided at no cost during working hours.
- The training materials used should be appropriate in content and vocabulary to the educational and literacy levels and are conveyed in the language of the employees.
- The training materials should clearly state the objectives of the training.
- Trainers should be knowledgeable in the subject matter covered by the training program as it relates to the workplace.
- All employees should have an opportunity to practice procedures and for interactive questions and answers with the person(s) conducting the training.
- If computer or online training is used, it should provide an opportunity for a person knowledgeable about the training material to be available to answer questions.