Properly Document Your Training
To properly document your training and ensure it meets OSHA standards, Quality OSHA Training documents student training according to ANSI Z490.1-2016, Section 7.4, Issuing Certificates, which is what OSHA is looking for when they review an employer’s OSHA technical safety training records.
Recommended certification of training should include:
- Trainee’s name
- Course title
- Date, location and hours of instruction
- Statement that the trainee has successfully completed the course
- Name and address of training provider
- Date periodic refresher training is due (if required) or expiration date
- A unique trainee identification number
- The level of training or type of certificate awarded
- Any other information required by regulation
- Number of credits (CECs, CEUs, etc), if issued. Make sure employees have met all requirements for credits.